Pets are NOT permitted at the following sites:
- Smithfield and Milford Beach between Memorial Day and Labor Day
- Raymondskill Falls and Dingmans Falls
- George W. Childs Recreation Site
- Valley View Group Campsites
- Hidden Lake
- Hialeah Picnic Area
- McDade Trail from milepost 1.0 to milepost 2.5 (from June 1 to September 8)
- Turtle Beach
- Rivers Bend Group Campsites
- Watergate Recreation Site
- Kittatinny Point (picnic areas and visitor center area)
National Park Service regulations exempt service animals such as guide dogs for the blind and signal dogs for the hearing-impaired from prohibitions on pets.
Certain regulations apply to the training and use of hunting dogs.
Hunting in the park
Other Pet Regulations
- Pets must be on a 6-foot leash and attended at all times.
- You may not leave a pet tied up or in a vehicle.
- Please clean up after your pet.
- You shouldn't lose your pet, but if you do, contact Park Dispatch at (570) 426-2435.