Childs Park opens Thursday, May 23. Dingmans Falls Visitor Center opens Saturday May 25, and will be open Friday, Saturday, Sunday the rest of the summer. The road to Dingmans Falls is open but is single lane at one point and NO BUSES or RVs ARE ALLOWED More »
Archive of Back Issues 1996-1999
1996 (Volume 18)
Flooding and Funding (STG Spring 1996 Vol. 18, No. 1) The effect of the January 1996 flood upon the recreation area. RELATED PAGES IN THIS WEBSITE: Major Floods in this park (under Stories).
Separation of the church from the state of decay (Phoenix Antiques/Dutch Reformed Church) (STG Spring 1996 Vol. 18, No. 1) A successful historic leasing venture. RELATED PAGES IN THIS WEBSITE: Historic Leasing, Designated Historic, National Register properties in the recreation area, National Register, Greek Revival style in the recreation area, photos of Phoenix Antiques (at end of article),
Cultural Connections (STG: Summer 1998 Vol. 18 No. 2) Archeological evidence of human settlement within the park's boundaries in prehistoric and colonial times. Includes drawings of Native American artifacts and lifeways. RELATED PAGES IN THIS WEBSITE: Native American Archeology, Archeology in the Minisink Today, Archeologist Herbert Kraft, Colonial and historic archeology, Corn--an American Native, Tocks Island Dam Controversy.
1997 (Volume 19)
A Map of Millbrook's Past (STG Spring 1997 Vol. 19, No. 1) Preservation of an 1852 map of Warren County for Millbrook Village. RELATED PAGES IN THIS WEBSITE: Millbrook Village, Map and Guide to Millbrook Village.
1999 (Volume 21)
Boy Scout Camps along the Delaware (STG: Summer 1999 Vol 21 No. 2) A reminiscence of the five boy scouts camps that have disappeared from the river's shores. RELATED PAGES IN THIS WEBSITE: Exhibits on Line: Camp Patches and Map of the Camps, Mohican Outdoor Center, Restoration of Todd Cabin, Old Mine Road, Dutch Mines at Pahaquarry, Eastern National (publisher of There were Camps along the Delaware)
Twenty years a Weygadt Scout: a Photo Gallery of the Robert Noll Collection (STG: Summer 1999 Vol 21 No. 2) Photo collection of a Camp Weygadt scout.
The French and Indian War in the Delaware Valley (STG Summer 1999 Vol. 21, No. 2) The French and Indian (Seven Years) from 1753 to 1760 was the occasioned the building of a string of fortifications in the Delaware Valley. RELATED PAGES IN THIS WEBSITE: Exhibits on Line: A Constant Patrol: Hampton's Forts, Exhibits on Line: Hampton's Letter and Map, On the Frontier of New Jersey: Military Trail, Military Trail (trail guide), Native American Archeology, Colonial and historic archeology, Old Mine Road.
Who is buried in the "Slave" Cemetery? Documentary evidence of African American slaves and free citizens in the area. Additional Material to the Military Trail Guide. PAGES IN THIS WEBSITE: On the Frontier of New Jersey: Military Trail, Military Trail Guide.
Restoration at Millbrook Village: Garis House (STG Fall 1999 Vol. 21, No. 3) An appreciation of this 1800s house. RELATED PAGES IN THIS WEBSITE: Garris House, a Preservation Investigation (1995), Photo Gallery: Restoration at Garis House (1999)
A Plan for Park Trails (STG Fall 1999 Vol. 21, No. 3) The process for drafting and accepting the Draft Trails Plan for the recreation area in 1999. RELATED PAGES IN THIS WEBSITE: McDade Trail, Group Campsites.
Wintering Eagles at the Gap (STG Spring 1999 Vol. 21, No. 4) A condensation of a report by the recreation area's Division of Research and Resource Management. RELATED PAGES IN THIS WEBSITE: Birds, Flight silhouettes (eagles vs vultures)
Did You Know?
... that hemlock groves in Delaware Water Gap National Recreation Area are threatened by a non-native insect, the hemlock woolly adelgid. Hemlocks provide shade for spectacular rhodondenron, for trout streams, and for native wildflowers. As hemlocks weaken and die, they are cut down for your safety. More...