2015 - 2016 tours:
- Saturday, November 28, 2015 CANCELLED due to flood damage to access road.
- Sunday, January 17, 2016
(lottery sign-up on December 17-19, 2015)
- Sunday, February 14, 2016
(lottery sign-up on January 14-16, 2016)
To enter the lottery:
- Open for three days only for each tour
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org (use Paleo Hike Lottery in tagline) or leave a phone message at (760) 786-3200.
- Leave a message clearly stating your name, the number of people in your party (limit of 4), your phone number, and email address.
- Only those successful in the lottery will be notified by phone.
The hike is an all day, seven-mile round trip with a 1,500 foot elevation gain. Due to the rugged uneven nature of the terrain, this hike is considered moderately strenuous and not recommended for anyone with mobility or breathing difficulties. The hike is appropriate for older children, age 10 and up.
For tour and other Death Valley information email email@example.com.
Each hike is limited to 15 people.
There is no fee for these all-day, Ranger-guided hikes, but donations to support the program are welcomed and can be made through the Death Valley Natural History Association.