Be green at Denali! Use a refillable water bottle.
During your visit to Denali
• In the park, enjoy some exploration (hiking and biking) to burn calories not fossil fuels
• Visit and learn about the new buildings that are certified as sustainably built: Eielson Visitor Center, Denali Visitor Center, and Murie Science and Learning Center
• Jump on the free shuttle buses (Savage River Shuttle to Mountain Vista and Savage River hiking areas, Riley Creek Shuttle around the park entrance area, and shuttle buses to the sled dog demonstrations)
• Enjoy a bus ride into the park (shuttle or tour options)--Is your bus one of the new hybrids?
• On all shuttle bus trips, pack a picnic without a lot of throw-away packaging
• Carry a reusable water bottle (you can purchase a "green" souvenir--refillable bottles with a Denali motif are sold at the Riley Creek Mercantile, Wilderness Access Center (WAC), and the Bookstore on the Visitor Center campus)
• Refill water bottles at the Murie Science and Learning Center, Wilderness Access Center, and both visitor centers
• Ask to use your own reusable coffee cup at the Morino Grill, WAC, and Riley Creek Mercantile
• Learn about the concessioner (ARAMARK-Doyon Joint Venture): it honors green initiatives such as the "Green Thread" program. Local foods and recyclables are used when possible at the in-Denali concessioner locations.
• At local hotels, reduce water use for laundering by opting not to change your sheets and towels every day
• As at home, when you leave your hotel room, turn off room air conditioner/heat, lights, and TV
• Place recyclables in appropriate bins (plastics, paper, aluminum, glass)
• Drop unwanted brochures or maps at visitor centers for reuse, and avoid getting multiple copies