All individuals over 15 years old must pay a $10 entrance fee to enter Denali unless they qualify for a fee exemption. By law, to qualify for an Educational Fee Waiver you must meet three criteria:
1) Eligibility Criteria:
So we can determine your status as a bona fide educational group, please provide
one of the following:
- A statement confirming educational or scientific tax exemption, from the IRS or the applicant's national, state or local tax authority, or
- A statement from a bona fide educational institution confirming that the group is visiting for the purpose of providing transferable educational credit based on a curriculum, or
- A statement of accreditation, or recognition as an educational institution, from a qualified national, regional, state, or local authority for the applicant's location.
2) Education Purpose Criteria:
To exhibit your educational purpose, applicants must provide a written statement confirming that the visit supports a specific curriculum for which academic credit is offered. If the group is on a commercial tour, the applicant must state how the tour supports the curriculum.
3) Relevance of Park Resources Criteria: Applicants must provide a written statement with itinerary identifying the park resources and/or facilities that will be used to support the educational purpose of the visit, and describe how they are relevant to that purpose.
If you determine that you are eligible:
- Complete the Educational Fee Waiver Application form.
- Email all of the required items listed above along with a completed application to us at least 2-3 weeks prior to your visit. The email address you should use is on the form.
- If your request is approved, we will email you an approved copy of the educational fee waiver application. You will need to keep this approved copy with you during your visit.