Deshler-Morris - The Germantown White House - Accessibility Information
For People with Mobility Impairments:
- The first floors of both the historic Germantown White House (formerly Deshler Morris) and the exhibit area in the neighboring Bringhurst House are accessible.
- New exhibits are being created which be easy for people using a wheelchair (and kids) to view. There will be an album with pictures of rooms above the first floor in the historic house.
- A paved sidewalk runs along the front of the two houses on Germantown Avenue. There is a wayside exhibit in front of the historic house on the sidewalk.
- Accessible restrooms are available near the exhibit area of the Bringhurst house.
For People with Hearing Impairments:
- American Sign Language interpretation is available upon request. Please call 215-597-7130 at least 14 days prior to your visit.
- There will be assisted listening equipment available.
For People with Sight Impairments:
- Guides are available to describe the exhibits, give a tour of the Germantown White house and answer questions.
- The new exhibits include audio stations.
- Touchable exhibits in the exhibit area.