These are general permit condition descriptions, a tailored version of them appear on the back of all permit forms. They are therefore written in legal terminology.
- The Permittee shall exercise this privilege subject to the supervision of the Superintendent, and shall comply with all applicable laws and regulations of the area.
- Damages - The Permittee shall pay the United States for any damage resulting from this use which would not reasonably be inherent in the use which the Permittee is authorized to make of the land described in this permit.
- Benefit - Neither Members of, nor Delegates to Congress, or Resident Commissioners shall be admitted to any share or part of this permit or derive, either directly or indirectly, any pecuniary benefit to arise therefrom. Provided, however, that nothing herein contained shall be construed to extend to any incorporated company, if the permit be for the benefit of such corporation.
- Assignment - This permit may not be transferred or assigned without the consent of the Superintendent in writing.
- Revocation - This permit may be terminated upon breach of any of the conditions herein or at the discretion of the Superintendent.
- The Permittee is prohibited from giving false information, to do so will be considered a breach of conditions and be grounds for revocation.
- Permittee will comply with applicable public health and sanitation standards and codes.
- If the use of the resource covered by the permit will involve employment by the permittee of a person or persons the permittee must abide by federal laws relating to nondiscrimination.
- Permittee shall ensure that park property is kept free and clear of all trash and/or other material offensive to the eye and not consistent with the surrounding natural terrain.
- Upon termination of this permit, Permittee will be responsible for leaving any buildings and grounds completely free from trash, litter, or abandoned personal property. A performance bond may be required to assure completion of clean-up of the site. A performance bond may be furnished in the form of a cashier's check, money order, or certified personal check. Checks are to be made payable to the National Park Service. THE PERFORMANCE BOND WILL BE FORFEITED TO THE GOVERNMENT IN THE EVENT ANY BUILDING, OR STRUCTURE, OR SITE HAS NOT BEEN CLEANED UP TO THE SATISFACTION OF THE SUPERINTENDENT, OR HIS DESIGNATED REPRESENTATIVE, WITHIN THE TIME LIMIT SPECIFIED FOR THIS PERMIT. ALL RIGHTS, TITLES, INTEREST AND BOND MONIES WILL BE FORFEITED TO THE GOVERNMENT AND THE PAYMENTS THERON MADE WILL BE RETAINED BY THE GOVERNMENT AS LIQUIDATED DAMAGES. The performance bond shall be made prior to the issuance of the special use permit and prior to any use commencing. If a performance bond is required, the Superintendent will not approve the Special Use Permit until the bond is received in full. Upon the satisfactory completion and acceptance by the Government of the clean-up, it will take approximately three (3) to six (6) weeks for the return of the performance bond to the Permittee.
- The issuance to this permit does not constitute a release by the United States of any right, title, or interest in the lands covered by this permit.
- In consideration for obtaining the privileges granted herein, the Permittee agrees to indemnify and save harmless the United States from any loss, including but only damage to personal property and injury to persons, but also judgements, settlements, or compromises for property damage or injury for which the United States may be liable and resulting from the exercise by the Permittee of the privileges granted herein.
- The Permittee agrees to follow all directions of the Park Ranger assigned to this event.