1. Please describe your site's mission/goals.
2. What is the role of the cultural landscape within this mission?
3. Site description. What are the key cultural and natural landscape features?
4. Do you have a landscape management plan(s) in place? What are the goals of the plan(s)?
5. What were the underlying motivations and circumstances leading to the management program, its accomplishments, and long-term vision?
6. What disciplines/types of personnel/areas of expertise are involved in the landscape management program(s)?
7. How are cultural and natural landscape management needs balanced or integrated?
8. What are the two or three most important issues you face as a manager trying to integrate concerns about natural resources into cultural landscape management?
9. How are management decisions made at your site? How do you identify your options/choices and then weigh these options? Do you bring other organizations or individuals into the decision-making process?
10. Have you ever run into controversy at your site trying to balance the management of cultural and natural resources? How have you dealt with the conflict(s)?
11. When carrying out research, planning, or stewardship activities at your site (e.g., inventories, monitoring), have you been able to integrate cultural and natural resource disciplines during the various phases of your work? Why or why not? Which phases?
12. Have you developed/adopted/adapted any management principles or formal procedures specifically for your site or from other sources?
13. Description of management budget, funding mixes, and in-kind/matching funds. How are funds distributed for managing natural and cultural resources?
14. How do you measure progress or evaluate success of management program(s)?
15. Discuss any major impediments to success, including support that would have been helpful but hasn't been available.
16. What lessons have you learned?
17. How do you network with other managers doing similar work/facing similar challenges (e.g., professional societies, journals)?
18. Further suggestions for this study, such as:
- Other individuals who should be interviewed at your site.
- Other applicable sites for interviews.
- Other sources of information.
- Products that would be most useful to you as a manager.
- Ideas for future programs.
19. Would you be willing to have your contact information listed in the handbook so that you could serve as a resource to others?