Lava Flow Campground
*Open April through November. Opening and Closure dates vary depending upon snow conditions.
Fifty-one sites are available on a first come first served basis; no reservations are accepted.
$10 per site in summer (cash or check only)
$6 per site during shoulder season (cash or check only)
Half price with Senior or Access passes
- charcoal grills
- picnic tables
There are no hookups, showers or waste water dump. Large RV's and trailers can be accommodated in a limited number of sites. Commercial campgrounds with hookups are available in Arco, Idaho, 18 miles east of the Monument.
From October through May, water and other services are limited or unavailable. Campground is not plowed of snow in winter and the loop drive is closed at the visitor center. Skiers and snowshoers may winter camp at the campground (1/4 mile ski or snowshoe from the visitor center) or at Devil's Orchard (2 1/4 mile ski or snowshoe from the visitor center). A shovel may be required to access waterless restrooms at these locations.
- No wood fires are permitted.
- Quiet hours are from 10 p.m. to 6 a.m. (no generators running, loud music, etc.).
- To claim a campsite, please leave an item and register for your site at the registration board as soon as possible.
- Please use service sink in the brick restroom for washing dishes and disposal of waste water.
- Please help decrease the amount of waste that we send to our local landfill by utilizing the recycle center located in the campground near the entrance station.
- Our water supply is inadequate for filling water tanks. You are welcome to fill jugs but please fill RV tanks elsewhere.
Nestled behind Sunset Cinder Cone about .75 miles up a gravel road on the north side of U.S. Highway 20/26/93. Camping by reservation only.
April - September (weather dependent)
Camping area for larger groups (maximum 30 people). Available by reservation only which must be made in writing or email us at least one week in advance. Call 208-527-1321 for more information.
$30 per group (cash or check only)
- picnic tables
- drinking water
- fire grate*
- vault restroom
- *Wood fires are permitted in fire grate but you must bring in your own firewood. No wood collecting is permitted.