Closures for Week of May 13 - 19
The Loop Road and Trailhead Parking Lot will be closed to pedestrian, horse, bicycle, and vehicle traffic for fog seal application from Wednesday, May 15 - Sunday, May 19, 2013. The interpretive Battlefield Trail will still be open to pedestrian traffic.
5 July 2008
9:30 a.m. Ranger-led battlefield walk
2:00 p.m. Weapons Firing Demonstration
2:45 p.m. Ranger-led battlefield walk
3:30 p.m. Weapons Firing Demonstration
4:30 p.m. Ranger-led battlefield walk
5:00 p.m. Weapons Firing Demonstration
5:30 p.m. The Green River Road and all trails leading to the battlefield from the Visitor Center and the Battlefield Parking areas are closed for fireworks set up and visitor safety.
6:00 p.m. Ranger-led program
6:30 p.m. Weapons Firing Demonstration
7–9:00 p.m.Family activities/games
7:15 p.m. Presentation of the American flag
7:30-9 p.m. Patriotic music by the Spartanburg Community Band
9:00 p.m. Fireworks by Bay Fireworks
· There will be no food or drink vendors within the park. Restaurants and fast food are located in both Chesnee and Gaffney.
· Safety is our top priority – park regulations prohibit personal fireworks, chem-lights, sparklers, etc.
· Visitors to the fireworks display should remember to bring a flashlight to use after dark.
After the fireworks:
· To exit the park following the fireworks, visitors parked between the main gate and the maintenance gate, will exit through the maintenance gate.
· Visitors parked beyond the maintenance gate will exit via the main gate, using both entrance and exit lanes. Vehicles in the right (exit) lane will turn right onto Hwy 11, toward Gaffney. Vehicles in the left (entrance) lane will turn left onto Hwy 11, toward Chesnee.
In the event of inclement weather, fireworks will be rescheduled for Sunday, July 6, 2008.
Did You Know?
Revolutionary War soldiers nailed heel plates such as these to their boots reinforcing the heel so they would not wear down as quickly as without them.