We want your classroom’s visit to the park to be a fun learning experience. Please review these guidelines:
- Reservations: Please call the park at (864) 461-2828 to schedule or cancel a visit.
- The museum/auditorium has a maximum capacity of 70 people. The fiber-optic map room has a capacity of 30 people. Remember that you may be sharing this area with other visitors.
- On the day of your visit, please remember to allow ample time (including restroom visits) to be able to arrive at the park and begin the program on schedule. If you are late, your group may be inconvenienced since there may be other groups scheduled during the day. They will be taken first if you are not punctual.
- For us to serve you better, please try to limit the number of people per group to around 60. We request a teacher or chaperone to student ratio of 1:10. The park expects all teachers or chaperones to accompany the group at all times. Please plan about two hours for your visit.
- Groups walking the battlefield should wear comfortable walking shoes and dress appropriately for the weather.
- Facilities: Restrooms and water fountains are at the Visitor Center and the picnic area. Visitors may purchase, but not consume, soft drinks in the Visitor Center. The picnic area is 1.5 miles around the auto tour road from the Visitor Center. Picnicking is only allowed in the picnic area.
- The Visitor Center is open from 9 a.m.-5 p.m. daily. The loop road is open from 9 a.m.- 4:30 p.m.
- Bus parking is available at the bottom of the Visitor Center parking lot, the picnic area, and the Robert Scruggs house.
From Greenville, take I-85 Business North to Exit 83. Turn left onto Highway 110. Drive eight miles to the intersection of highways 110 and 11. Turn right. Entrance is 1/4 mile on the right.
From Charlotte, take I-85 South to Exit 92. Turn right at stop sign onto Highway 11. The park entrance is about 10 miles on the left.
From Asheville, take I-26 East to Exit 5. Turn left onto Highway 11. Park is about 20 miles on the right.
From Columbia, take I-26 West to Exit 19B onto I-85 Business. North. Take I-85 Business North to Exit 83. Turn left onto Highway 110. Drive eight miles to the intersection of highways 110 and 11. Turn right. Entrance is 1/4 mile on the right.
Thank you for letting us serve you. We look forward to seeing you!