- Lake Mead National Recreation AreaCloses July 8, 2014
- Grand Canyon National ParkCloses July 11, 2014
- Yosemite National ParkCloses August 5, 2014
- Blue Ridge ParkwayCloses August 6, 2014
- White Sands National MonumentCloses August 13, 2014
- Zion National ParkCloses August 28, 2014
- Glacier Bay National Park & PreserveCloses September 30, 2014
Blue Ridge Parkway
Modification #2 Solicitation for the award of the Concession Contract for Lodging, Food & Beverage, and Retail Services at Pisgah Inn within the Blue Ridge Parkway
The National Park Service (NPS) will issue a prospectus for solicitation of offers for a 10-year concession contract to provide Lodging, Food & Beverage, and Retail Services at Pisgah Inn within the Blue Ridge Parkway.
Pisgah Inn is located on the Blue Ridge Parkway at Milepost 408.6, approximately 24 miles southwest of Asheville, North Carolina. The Concession Opportunity includes the three building, 51-room Lodge, the Restaurant and Gift Shop, the Country Store, and employee housing. Its ridgeline setting at an elevation of 5,000 feet provides spectacular views of surrounding mountains and valleys.
Due in large part to its impressive location, Pisgah Inn is a destination for lodging and dining, attracting local residents and tourists to enjoy meals in a glass-walled dining room that takes full advantage of the vistas. Pisgah Inn experiences higher monthly occupancy rates than most Asheville area lodging properties. During the peak months of July and October, the Pisgah Inn’s occupancy rate exceeds the Asheville area average lodging occupancy rate by over 10 percentage points.
All offers must be received by the NPS at the address listed on the inside front cover of the prospectus no later than 4:00 p.m. (ET) on August 6, 2014. Please send proposals to:
National Park Service
Southeast Region Attn: Mark Morgan, Commercial Services Analyst AFC, 1924 Building, 100 Alabama Street SW Atlanta, GA 30303
There is a printing cost recovery charge of $40 per copy to be delivered via Federal Express or $40 per copy if picked up in person. Persons interested in obtaining a Prospectus should mail, or bring in person, a check or money order made payable to the NPS (cash will not be accepted). You must include a business address (no post office box) and telephone number to receive a Federal Express package. For personal pick up, contact Mark Morgan at the address above.
If you have obtained your Prospectus from the website, please advise Mark Morgan at (404) 507-5638 of your contact information in order to receive future responses to questions or amendments to the Prospectus. Those requesting hard copy or who have been placed on the mailing list will be provided with any additional information specific to the Prospectus in writing.
Questions in response to this prospectus are due in writing by Friday, May 9, 2014, by email to Mark Morgan. No telephone requests for the prospectus will be honored.
The Service will lead a site visit on Thursday, May 1, 2014. For more information regarding the specific time and to reserve a place, please contact Laura S. Nelson, Concession Management Specialist by phone at (828) 348-3407. The site visit will be an opportunity for all interested parties to get an overview of the concession operation along with a tour of Concession Facilities associated with the Draft Contract.
- FedBizOpps modification notice
- Prospectus Inside Cover
- Summary of Business Opportunity
- Prospectus Table of Contents
- Business Opportunity
- Proposal Instructions
- Proposal Package
- Draft Contract
- Exhibit A Leasehold Surrender Interest
- Exhibit B Operating Plan
- Exhibit C Nondiscrimination
- Exhibit D Land Assignment
- Exhibit E Government Owned Personal Property
- Exhibit F Project Procedures
- Exhibit G LSI Assignment
- Exhibit H Maintenance Plan
- Exhibit H Maintenance Plan Attachment
- Exhibit I Insurance Requirements
- Exhibit J Transition to a New Concessioner
- Appendices Table of Contents
- Appendix A Proposal Package (Word)
- Appendix B Proposal Package Forms (Excel)
- Appendix C Existing Contract REVISED
- Appendix D Personal Property
- Appendix E Approved Rates
- Appendix F Concessions Management Improvement Act
- Appendix G NPS Management Policies
- Appendix H Concessions Management Regulations
- Appendix I Rate Administration Guide
- Appendix J General Management Plan
- Appendix K Superintendent's Compendium
- Appendix L Utilities
- Appendix M Parkway Themes
- Appendix N Operational Performance Standards
- Appendix O Fire Supression
- Appendix P Backflow Policy
- Appendix Q Floor Plans
- Appendix R Sample Fire System SOWs