Visitor Center is OPEN 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. Daily
Alcove Nature Trail CLOSED for reconstruction until further notice.
Traffic delays near the West (Fruita) Entrance on State Highway 340
Traffic delays on Colorado State Highway 340 (near the west entrance) will occur throughout the month of June. Call the road construction hotline 970-314-5540 for more details.
Monumental Memories Photo Exhibit
Colorado National Monument News Release
“Deck Our Halls” with Your Monumental Memories
Colorado National Monument invites the local community to submit photographs for the annual “Monumental Memories Exhibit” that will be on display in the Visitor Center throughout the holiday season.
Local residents are invited to submit photos highlighting families and friends creating memories at the Monument. Photos could include hiking, biking, picnicking, rock climbing, wedding ceremonies, gathering with friends and family, school trips, or vintage photos from years gone past. These photos should be a standard 3x5 or 4x6 snapshot size. Please include a description caption with each photograph. Photographs must be received at the Visitor Center by December 9, 2009.
The unveiling of the “Monumental Memories Exhibit” will take place during the Holiday Open House at Colorado National Monument Visitor Center on December 12 and 13, 9:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m. Throughout the weekend long event, visitors will receive a
20 % discount on all purchases.
Photo submission guidelines* - must be received at the Visitor Center by December 9, 2009.
Mail photos to: Monumental Memories
Colorado National Monument
Fruita, CO 81521
Photos can also be dropped off at the Colorado National Monument Visitor Center which is open daily from 9:00 a.m. until 4:00 p.m. Questions – Please call 858-3617, 360
* Photos will not be returned. If you wish to keep your original photograph
— NPS —
Please fill out the following and attach to the back of your photo:
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
(1) Name of Person Submitting Photo: _______________________________________
(2) Telephone Number and E-mail address: ___________________________________
(3) Subject of Photo: _____________________________________________________
(4) Approximate Date Photo Was Taken: _____________________________________
(5) Location in Park: ____________________________________________________
Did You Know?
Each Independence Day, local climbers scale the iconic Independence Monument in Colorado National Monument and raise an American flag on top. This tradition dates back to early park promoter John Otto, whose route up Independence Monument climbers still follow.