• Front facade of Little Rock Central High School

    Little Rock Central High School

    National Historic Site Arkansas

There are park alerts in effect.
show Alerts »
  • Restricted Access to Central High School

    All park visitors, including tour buses, must park in the Visitor Center parking lot at 2120 West Daisy Gatson Bates Drive. Street parking is reserved for Little Rock School District buses and parents. Visitors may enter the school only on guided tours.

  • Holiday Closings

    The National Historic Site Visitor Center will be closed on Thanksgiving Day, December 25 and January 1. The Visitor Center may close at 2:30 PM on the day before each of these federal holidays. The Visitor Center number is 501.374.1957.


Activities that may affect park operations or the experience of park visitors require a permit. Examples of such activities include:

First Amendment Activities (Demonstrations and Distributing Literature)

Commercial Filming

Commercial Activities (Professional Photography, Commercial Bus Tours, etc.)

Click on the links below for permit applications. For more information, call 501-374-1957 or email us.

Permit Applications

Special Park Use Permit

Commercial Filming

Commercial Filming - Long Form


Did You Know?

Ernest Green's diploma from Central High School

In 1958 Senior Ernest Green became the first African American graduate of Central High School. Martin Luther King, Jr. attended the ceremony as a guest of the Green family. Little Rock Central High School National Historic Site