Restricted Access to Central High School
All park visitors, including tour buses, must park in the Visitor Center parking lot at 2120 West Daisy Gatson Bates Drive. Street parking is reserved for Little Rock School District buses and parents. Visitors may only enter Central on guided tours.
The National Historic Site Visitor Center will be closed on Thanksgiving Day, December 25 and January 1. The Visitor Center may close at 2:30 PM on the day before each of these federal holidays. The Visitor Center number is 501.374.1957.
Little Rock Central High School National Historic Site offers a 1950s Traveling Trunk loan program for teachers in Arkansas.
Each of the 10 Education Service Cooperative Units in the state houses one of the trunks, and one is located here at the site. The trunks contain reproduction artifacts from 1950s America and items about the 1957 desegregation crisis.
For more information on reserving a trunk, please contact a park ranger at (501) 396-3010 or email us.
Did You Know?
In 1958 Senior Ernest Green became the first African American graduate of Central High School. Martin Luther King, Jr. attended the ceremony as a guest of the Green family. Little Rock Central High School National Historic Site