Santa Barbara Island Closed Due to Storm Damage
Santa Barbara Island is closed to public access due to damage from the recent storms to the pier landing ladder. The closure will be in place until a new ladder can be fabricated and installed. The closure is expected to last over a month. More »
Public Closures on Santa Barbara Island
Certain Santa Barbara Island trails are closed to all public entry to proctect breeding populations of California brown pelicans. More »
Institutes & Field Schools
Search Our Schools
Showing results 1-1 of 1
Channel Islands National Park
We believe environmental education should be a part of every child’s life. NatureBridge provides residential field science and environmental education programming in several iconic national parks. Through innovative, standards-based curriculum administered on trail to 4–12 grade students, our field science educators foster academic achievement, personal growth, leadership and interpersonal skills, and environmentally responsible behavior in youth. We’re ready to lead, inspire, and change lives.
- Single grade level class,Mixed/multiple grade class,Homeschool group,College/University class,Club or interest group (children),Club or interest group (teen),Club or interest group (adult)
- One- to five-day programs are offered.
- Grade level:
- Fourth Grade - Twelfth Grade
- American Indian History and Culture, Biology: Animals, Biology: Plants, Climate, Climate Change, Earth Science, Ecology, Education, Environment, Fire Ecology, Geology, Leadership, Marine Biology, Recreation Ecology, Tectonics
- National/State Standards:
- Programs aligned to current CA State Science Standards
Did You Know?
The only reptile found on Santa Barbara Island is the endemic and threatened island night lizard. These lizards can live up to 20 years or more, but once established in a territory generally remain within a 3-meter radius their entire life.