Platt National Park maps and brochures
Platt National Park Guidebook - 1930s
The last to bear only the "Platt National Park" name, this brochure is in a design style used beginning in the 1940s.
(3.42MB pdf file)
Park Brochure - 1968
Designed in the 'Parkscape' style of the late 1960s, this brochure reflects the two parks which co-existed from 1966-1976. (1.68MB pdf file)
Park Brochure - 1976
Published immediately following the redesignation of the park in 1976, this tri-fold visit-planning brochure provides a glimpse at how the 'new' park was being marketed to visitors. Minor errors appear in the text copy, referring to the park by its prior names.
(451 KB pdf file)
Park Brochure - 1977
Published one year after the redesignation of the park in 1976, this tri-fold visit-planning brochure still contains minor errors in the text copy, referring to the park by its prior names.
(533 KB pdf file)
Park Brochure - 1978
In the late 1970s the National Park Service began adopting a new graphic design style for park brochures, reflected in this example. For the first time the new park is fully reflected in the text and maps; note that a detail map of the former Platt National Park, designated the Travertine District, is also included.
(.98MB pdf file)
Did You Know?
Completed in 1909, the Lincoln Bridge in the Platt Historic District [the former Platt National Park, 1906-1976] of Chickasaw National Recreation Area was designed to be "strong enough to hold up under the stress of a four horse team at full gallop." More...