Little Niagara Swimming Area Closed
Due to low water flow in Travertine Creek, the Little Niagara and Panther Falls swimming areas are closed until further notice. The Little Niagara and Panther Falls picnic areas remain open.
Bromide Springs & Pavilion
In the mid-1930s, the Civilian Conservation Corps built a new stone pavilion to improve access to Bromide Springs. Designed in a rustic style, the pavilion included stone fountains that dispensed bromide, sulphur, and medicine waters. Tanks stored water from low-flow springs and supplied water during periods of heavy daytime use.
By the 1980s, the flow from the mineral springs and well to Bromide Pavilion diminished and eliminated the availability of water at the pavilion. For over fifty years the pavilion has been a gathering place for music, revivals, and special events.
Did You Know?
Between 1917 and 1925, Platt National Park [the present-day Platt Historic District of Chickasaw National Recreation Area] maintained a collection of animals—not quite a zoo—which at various times included deer, elk, bison, ostriches and a bald eagle. More...