• Cannons overlook the City of Chattanooga from atop Lookout Mountain

    Chickamauga & Chattanooga

    National Military Park GA,TN

There are park alerts in effect.
show Alerts »
  • Temporary Trail Closures on Lookout Mountain (August 18, 2014)

    The park is advising the public that portions of the Lookout Mountain trails will be temporarily closed on Monday, August 18, 2014, from 7 am until 2 pm.In case of inclement weather, work will begin on Tuesday, August 19. More »


New York Peace Monument

New York Peace Monument


Wedding and Special Event Permits
Weddings and other special events, such as church services, require a Special Use Permit (SUP) from the park and must follow specific guidelines, according to policy and regulation.

Completed applications for SUPs for weddings and other special events, along with a non-refundable fee, must be received by the park no less than 14 days prior to the start of the event.

A SUP is also required for certain activities such as political events, public assemblies, demonstrations, the distribution of literature, and other activities commonly referred to as "First Amendment" activities.

Please download the cover letter, guidelines and application files below, as needed.

For more information concerning SUPs or to determine if your activity requires one, please call (706) 866-9241, or email the park with the subject line "Attn: Special Use Permits."

Commercial Filming and Still Photography Permits
All commercial film production requires a permit. Commercial still photography requires a permit in certain instances. Visitors taking photos or filming for their personal use do not need a permit. Please read Filming Guidelines and Fees before submitting a Filming Permit Application.

Did You Know?

Lookout Mountain gate

Each year many officers and leaders of the United States Army and our allies visit Chickamauga and Chattanooga National Military Park to study leadership and tactics employed during the Civil War battles fought here in 1863. These visits are called Staff Rides.