Johnson Ferry Intermittent Trail Closures
Representatives of Colonial Pipeline Company will be working on the gas pipeline in the Johnson Ferry North unit. The work will require intermittent trail closures. For your safety please stay on designated trails and obey all trail closures.
09/29/2012Location: 3445 Cobb Parkway SE, Atlanta, GA 30339 | Map Time: 1:00 PM to 4:00 PM Fee Information: FREE Contact Name: Island Ford Visitor Contact Station Contact Phone Number: 678-538-1200
Come out and celebrate National Public Lands Day at this year's Field Day on the Chattahoochee. Your entrance fee will be waived for the day at all parks in the National Park System including Chattahoochee Riiver National Recreation Area. The reason for the Field Day on the Chattahoochee, as if we need one, is to promote fun and healthy outdoor activities for families in our great outdoors.
The Field Day on the Chattahoochee activities include:
- Live animal presentations by ranger Jerry Hightower on the hour starting at 1 p.m.
- Earth Ki-Gong, an instructor-led creative movement activity on the half hour starting at 1:30 p.m.
- WonderRoot Creative Reuse, a make-and-take craft activity for kids of all ages from 1 p.m. to 4 p.m.
- Fly fishing instruction for kids starting every half hour from 1 p.m. to 4 p.m.
- Informational booths from Atlanta Silverbacks, BlazeSports America, Sierra Club, and more from 1 p.m. to 4 p.m.
- Touch-A-Vehicle including Ranger Patrol Vehicle and park boats from 1 p.m. to 4 p.m.
Whether you stay for an hour or the whole afternoon, ENJOY your local national park!
Dress for the weather; wear comfortable clothes and shoes. Bring your camera or smart phone, record your memories, and send them to http://www.facebook.com/CRNRA. Don't forget your water bottle, insect repellent, and sunscreen. Food will be available for purchase from a local vendor. A water fountain and restroom facility is conveniently located.
Registration is requested to better plan for the day; please call 678-538-1200 to register.