Office of Personnel Management
Currently, there are over 390 areas within the National Park System, with over 15,000 permanent and 5,000 thousand temporary and seasonal employees hired through the Office of Personnel Management. The types of jobs available within the National Park Service are as diverse as the parks themselves. This information will help you get started on your career with the National Park Service.
Groups of occupations are as follows:
- Administrative and Clerical
- Information Technology
- Concessions Management
- Engineering, Design and Facility Management
- Fee Collection and Dispatch
- Fire Management
- Park Ranger (Law Enforcement, Interpretation, Public Affairs, Park Management)
- Park Guide
- Safety Management
- Science and Resource Management
- Trades and Crafts
All National Park Service jobs, both permanent and temporary, are announced on the .