Pets are members of our families and often tag along on vacation. There are a few rules, for the protection of your pet and wild park animals, to be aware of before bringing your pet to Cedar Breaks.
1. Pets must be on a leash no longer than 6 feet, under physical restraint, or caged at all times, (including while in open-bed pickup trucks.)
2. Pet owners must pick up after their pets and dispose of waste in a trash receptacle.
3. The only trail pets are allowed on is the campground trail, which starts by the Visitor Center and ends at the campground (pets must be on a leash at all times). They are not allowed on the Spectra/Ramparts or the Alpine Pond Trails or in the Visitor Center.
4. Pets are allowed on all paved areas, which includes all of the overlooks located throughout the Monument.
5. Pets are allowed in the campground, but must be leashed at all times.
6. Owners must not allow a pet to make noise that is unreasonable.
7. Pets are not to be left tied to an object when unattended.
8. Service Animals are allowed on all of Cedar Breaks' trails and buildings and must be clearly identified as such.