For pet owners, bringing your pet to a national park can be a planning challenge.
- Rules prohibiting pets on trails are in place for your pet's protection. Cedar Breaks National Monument is home to wild animals.
- Negative interactions with other pets, park wildlife, and visitors are a major concern for park managers.
- Pets must be under physical control on a leash no longer than six feet at all times. They are not allowed on the Spectra/Ramparts or the Alpine Pond Trails or in the Visitor Center.
- Pets are allowed on the Campground trail, which starts by the Visitor Center and ends at the campground (pets must be on a leash at all times). Pets are also allowed on all paved areas, which includes all of the overlooks located throughout the Monument.
- Pets are allowed in the campground, but must be leashed at all times.
- Service Animals are allowed on all of Cedar Breaks' trails and buildings and must be clearly identified as such.