Operating Hours & Seasons
Facilities & service closure is dependent on weather and will vary from year to year.
Summer & Fall Seasons: Late May - mid-October
Winter Season: Mid-October - late May of following year
- Visitor Center and restrooms: Open daily 9am - 6pm
- Scenic Drive (Utah Highway 148): Open from late May until the first heavy snowfall, usually in mid-November
- Point Supreme Campground: Open mid-June - late September
- Interpretive programs: Ranger talks, guided hikes and evening campground programs; check at the fee booth or visitor center for a current schedule
- For information prior to your visit: 435-586-0787
- Cedar Breaks is open for winter recreation activities
- Scenic Drive (Utah Highway 148): Closed after first heavy snowfall, usually mid-November
- Visitor Center and restrooms: Closed
- Winter Ranger Station: Open 11am - 2pm, Saturday and Sunday only after road closes (weather permitting)
- Point Supreme Campground: Closed
- For information prior to your visit: 435-586-9451
Snow begins accumulating in substantial amounts anywhere from late October to early December and typically remains through late May and early June. Always plan and prepare alternate routes in case of inclement weather. Winter recreational activities begin once there is sufficient snow depth for cross-country ski, snowshoe, and snowmobile trails.