Browse Our Curriculum Materials
Showing results 11-12 of 12
Catoctin Mountain Park
Blacksmith Shop. Lesson Plan #5 - Revitalizing the Spirit.
The glow from the blacksmith's forge led civilization from the dark ages and brought humankind to the standard of living enjoyed today. The blacksmith was the only craftsman to work with the four elemental substances of fire, earth, air and water, which according to the ancients, were combined to create our world.
Five lesson plans are available for the Blacksmith in Society.
- Grade level:
- Fourth Grade-Eighth Grade
- Commerce and Industry, Community, Economics, History, Pioneer America, Slavery, Social Studies
- National/State Standards:
- Maryland Learning Outcomes (MLO) 1.2, 1.3, 1.5, 3.2, 3.3, 3.8, 4.3
- Blacksmith, Economics, Industrial Development, Slavery
This is a classroom based, free teacher led program. National Park Legacy Voyagers is designed for ninth through twelfth grade students so they can go on an exploration of National Park Sites and learn about National Parks. Lesson plans include reading, writing, community service, presenting activities. Activities focus on cultural and natural resources and reasons for national parks. Activities feature budgeting and planning activity.
- Lesson Plan
- Grade level:
- Ninth Grade-Twelfth Grade
- Biology: Animals, Biology: Plants, Earth Science, Geology, History, Oceans
- National Parks, legacy, cultural resources, natural resources, heritage, climate change, careers, Wildland-Urban Interface