Use Park resources and topics to enhance your classroom! Educators are encouraged to borrow a kit that includes hands-on educational materials and lesson plans for classroom-use. To reserve a trunk and schedule a pick-up and drop-off time, please call us at (904) 829-6506 ext. 233.
Castillo de San Marcos Trunk Topics and Lessons Include:
1. Introduction to the Castillo de San Marcos
2. Create a Timeline of Castillo's History
3. Spanish Uniforms and their Functions
4. Form Connections with the Countries in Control of the Castillo using Maps
5. Letter Writing from a Soldier's Perspective
6. The Preservation and Importance of National Parks
Did You Know?
The Castillo de San Marcos was originally constructed to defend Florida against pirates hunting the Spanish treasure fleets traveling along the Gulf Stream. Castillo de San Marcos National Monument, Florida