Use Park resources and topics to enhance your classroom! Educators are encouraged to borrow a kit that includes hands-on educational materials and lesson plans for classroom-use. To reserve a trunk and schedule a pick-up and drop-off time, please call us at (904) 829-6506 ext. 233.
Castillo de San Marcos Trunk Topics and Lessons Include:
1. Introduction to the Castillo de San Marcos
2. Create a Timeline of Castillo's History
3. Spanish Uniforms and their Functions
4. Form Connections with the Countries in Control of the Castillo using Maps
5. Letter Writing from a Soldier's Perspective
6. The Preservation and Importance of National Parks
Did You Know?
"Spanish Moss" (Tillandsia usneoides) is not a moss and is actually a cousin of the pineapple! Its name derives from Native Americans who joked that it looked very much like the beards of the Spanish settlers. Castillo de San Marcos National Monument, Florida