Use Park resources and topics to enhance your classroom! Educators are encouraged to borrow a kit that includes hands-on educational materials and lesson plans for classroom-use. To reserve a trunk and schedule a pick-up and drop-off time, please call us at (904) 829-6506 ext. 233.
Castillo de San Marcos Trunk Topics and Lessons Include:
1. Introduction to the Castillo de San Marcos
2. Create a Timeline of Castillo's History
3. Spanish Uniforms and their Functions
4. Form Connections with the Countries in Control of the Castillo using Maps
5. Letter Writing from a Soldier's Perspective
6. The Preservation and Importance of National Parks
Did You Know?
The Castillo was covered in bright white plaster called Argamasa, a mix of lime, sand and water. The trim work and sentry towers were covered with red plaster, made by adding brickdust. Red & white were the royal colors of Spain. Castillo de San Marcos National Monument, Florida