Use Park resources and topics to enhance your classroom! Educators are encouraged to borrow a kit that includes hands-on educational materials and lesson plans for classroom-use. To reserve a trunk and schedule a pick-up and drop-off time, please call us at (904) 829-6506 ext. 233.
Castillo de San Marcos Trunk Topics and Lessons Include:
1. Introduction to the Castillo de San Marcos
2. Create a Timeline of Castillo's History
3. Spanish Uniforms and their Functions
4. Form Connections with the Countries in Control of the Castillo using Maps
5. Letter Writing from a Soldier's Perspective
6. The Preservation and Importance of National Parks
Did You Know?
A light field artillery piece like this 3 pounder is called a grasshopper because of the way the gun "jumps" when fired. Castillo de San Marcos National Monument, Florida More...