Carl Sandburg Home NHS is open 7 days a week, year round. Closed Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Year's Days.
- The park is located on 264 acres in western North Carolina. Visitors can tour the Sandburg Home, hike on over 5 miles of trails, visit the farm and dairy goats, and much more. The average visitor spends two hours at "Connemara."
- Please be prepared for your comfort - there is no place to purchase food in the park, water is available at fountains (bring your own bottle) and in the bookstore. Please recycle any purchased water bottles.
Facilities: Including Sandburg Home and Goat Barn
Open daily from 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. year-round, closed Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Year's Days.
Admission: Free for grounds, trails and barn; no park entrance fee.
Guided House Tour Fee: (cash or check only)
$5.00 for Adults age 16-61
$3.00 for seniors 62 and older
Children 15 and under admitted free.
- 30-minute house tours are offered daily once an hour, first come-first served.
- First tour begins at 9:30am; next tours at 10:30, 11:30, 12:30, 1:30, 2:30, 3:30, the last tour begins at 4:30pm.
- During busy visitation tours may be offered every 30-minutes. Please call ahead to confirm tour times during your visit.
- Visitors may only tour the Sandburg Home on a guided tour.
- Tours are limited to 15 persons.
Information for Groups
You are strongly encouraged to contact the park if you are visiting with more than 10 people in your group, even if it is just a family visit or a big motorcoach tour. We strive to make your visit the best experience it can be.
For groups of adults of ten or more, please see the Adult Group Reservation page for information about scheduling a visit.
School & Homeschool Groups
Please see our For Teachers section for more information about scheduling school groups.
Summer Camps/Youth Groups
Please visit our ParKids page for more information on activities available in the Park.
Area Trip Planning
Henderson County Visitor Information
Visit our Nearby Attractions page
If you cannot find what you are looking for, please do not hesitate to contact the park with your questions. We hope you enjoy your visit!