November 29 and December 27 at 10:00 a.m.
Christmas at Connemara
Join us on Saturday morning to revel with local musicians and storytellers. Music/storytelling will be held from 10:30 am to 12:30 pm in the garage adjacent to the Sandburg Home. Hot cider and cookies will be served. Holiday craft-making will be offered from 10am to 1pm. The house will be decorated in the simple style of the Sandburgs with poinsettias and a traditionally decorated Christmas tree from Thanksgiving until January 6th, 2015.
- 10 am to 1pm - holiday craft-making in the bookstore
- 10 am - New Mountain Strings play dulcimers in the bookstore
- 10:30 am - Lucy Allen and Marshall Goers sign holiday music in the Sandburg garage
- 11:30 am - Black Feather shares Cherokee Indian holiday stories in the Sandburg garage
- 11:30 am to 12:30 pm - Carl Sandburg's granddaughter, Paula Steichen Polega will autograph her book My Connemara in the bookstore
- 10 am - 1pm - holiday craft-making in the bookstore
- 10 am - Steve and Jean Smith play holiday music on hammered dulcimer in the bookstore
- 11 am - Becky Stone shares traditional African-American holiday stories in the Sandburg garage
- noon - Pat Corn plays holiday music with sing-a-long in the Sandburg garage