Cape Lookout has several curriculum guides designed to allow teachers to bring the seashore to the classroom and the classroom to the seashore. Pre-visit, on-site, and post-visit activities for science and social studies lesions are available for download individually or as part of the whole guide.
Other curriculum materials have be designed to be used in conjunction with either a class visit to the park or a Ranger visit to the class. To schedule an on-site visit or a Ranger led school site program, contact the Education Specialist (252) 728-2250.
- Intrigue of the Past: North Carolina's First Peoples, history and archeology lessons from the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
- Views of the National Parks: Coastal Geology
- NPS Environmental Education Reading List
- East Carolina University's Coastal Processes and Conflicts curriculum
- National Environmental Education Foundation materials on Endangered Species, Environmental Health, and Water
- Earth's Fluid Spheres from the American Geological Institute
- Virual Urchin, anatomy and ecology lesson
- Teaching with Historic Places