Cabrillo National Monument Theater Closed on Selected Dates
Due to National Park Service alternate uses, the Cabrillo National Monument theater will be closed to the public on the following dates: September 20, September 27, October 28 - 29, November 6, 2014. We are sorry for the inconvenience.
Military Retirements at the Park
MILITARY RETIREMENT CEREMONY GUIDELINES
To help you determine if Cabrillo National Monument is the best choice for your Department of Defense retirement ceremony, we offer the following guidelines:
• A Special Use Permit is required and is obtained in advance. Please contact Park Ranger Ely Edquid to request a Permit Worksheet.
• Ceremonies with more than 20 people are allowed in the main parking lot, in the north bay area.
• Retirement ceremonies with less than 20 people may be held in other areas of the park, with advance permission.
• Ceremonies should start before 9:00 AM and must conclude by 10:00 AM.
• The retiree, or his/her command, must provide and set up all chairs, tables, podium, PA system, etc. Park personnel cannot be used for this purpose. All equipment must be removed by 10:30 AM.
• Receptions with cake, cookies, coffee, or other refreshments are not permitted.
• The park entrance station opens at 9:00 AM. If the ceremony will begin after 9:00 AM, a fee waiver must be obtained. To obtain a fee waiver, fax your request on official letterhead to (619) 226-6311.
• All vehicles must be parked in the main parking area.
FOR MORE INFORMATION
To obtain a Permit Worksheet, or for further information, please contact:
Did You Know?
Did you know that, since its inception in 1956, Cabrillo National Monument Foundation has donated over $1.5 million to the educational and interpretive efforts of Cabrillo National Monument?