Bryce Point to Peekaboo Connector Trail Closure
Due to a large rockslide, the connecting trail from Bryce Point to Peekaboo Loop is closed. Trail will be reopened once repairs are made. The Peekaboo Loop is open, but must be accessed from Sunset or Sunrise Point.
Backcountry Campsite Closures
Due to bear activity at select campsites in Bryce Canyon's backcountry, multiple backcountry campsites have been closed until further notice: Sheep Creek, Swamp Canyon, Natural Bridge, Iron Spring, Corral Hollow, Riggs Spring and Yovimpa Pass.
Don't Get Zapped! Quiz
If you've read the information at Don't Get Zapped! maybe you're ready to take this short quiz to see how much you know about lightning at Bryce Canyon National Park.
Read each question carefully and write the best answer on a piece of paper --
1. True or false:
2. The place in Utah that has the highest lightning hazard density in the state is _____ .
3. True or false:
4. Lightning is made out of _____ .
5. True or false:
6. The safest place to be during a lightning storm is _____ .
7. What's a good activity to do at Bryce Canyon National Park, while waiting for a lightning storm to end?
8. You know when it's safe to go outside after a lightning storm when _____ have passed since you heard thunder.
9. At Bryce Canyon National Park thunderstorms happen most often during _____ .
10. True or False:
Did You Know?
Stargazers have been coming to Bryce Canyon for centuries. The first "formal" star gazing programs began in 1969. Read "A Brief History..." by clicking the "more" link below. More...