Back Country Campsite Closed
Due to bear activity at Bryce Canyon's back-country, the following campsite has been closed until further notice: Sheep Creek
Don't Get Zapped! Quiz
If you've read the information at Don't Get Zapped! maybe you're ready to take this short quiz to see how much you know about lightning at Bryce Canyon National Park.
Read each question carefully and write the best answer on a piece of paper --
1. True or false:
2. The place in Utah that has the highest lightning hazard density in the state is _____ .
3. True or false:
4. Lightning is made out of _____ .
5. True or false:
6. The safest place to be during a lightning storm is _____ .
7. What's a good activity to do at Bryce Canyon National Park, while waiting for a lightning storm to end?
8. You know when it's safe to go outside after a lightning storm when _____ have passed since you heard thunder.
9. At Bryce Canyon National Park thunderstorms happen most often during _____ .
10. True or False:
Did You Know?
The Bryce Canyon Paintbrush was discovered June 24, 1965 at Inspiration Point in Bryce Canyon National Park. This rare wildflower is only found in southwestern Utah. More...