The Bluestone Turnpike Trail is open to bikes. The trail can be rocky and muddy in places. A bike trip a can be a fun filled day as long as you are prepared and stay safe.
• Plan ahead – check local weather conditions for the day.
• Wear a helmet.
• Carry a small first aid kit with bandages for cuts and abrasions.
• Drink plenty of fluids (no alcohol or caffeine)
• Stay on the trail.
• Control your speed; the trail is not frequently maintained and hazards may exist.
• In case of emergency call 911.
• Tell someone where you are going and when you plan to be back.
• Hunting is permitted in the park; blaze orange clothing is recommended during hunting season.
• Watch where you put your hands and feet; poison ivy, copperheads, and timber rattlesnakes live in the park.
• After biking check yourself for ticks.
• Horses are permitted on the Bluestone Turnpike Trail. Share the trail responsibly with hikers and horses.
• All trash must be carried out.
• Pets must be restrained and leashed.
• Always stay on the trail.