Individual Permits

Wedding Permits

Scientific Research and Collecting Permits

Agricultural Leases

Commercial Permits

Commercial Filming and Still Photography

Commercial Use Authorization

Right of Way (Utility Permits)

Right of Way Permits

Special Use Permits

Revised Application for Special Use Permit (NPS Form 10-930)

Certain types of activities require a special use permit. These include many types of organized gatherings,distribution of printed material and other public expressions of opinion, and other activities that are controlled or prohibited.See the following definitions and examples to determine if your use might be included:

A special park use is defined as a short-term activity that takes place in a park area, and that:

1. provides a benefit to an individual, group or organization rather than the public at large;

2. requires written authorization and some degree of management control from the National Park Service (NPS) in order to protect park resources and the public interest;

3. is not prohibited by law or regulation;

4. is not initiated, sponsored, or conducted by the NPS;

5. is not managed under a concession contract, a recreation activity for which the NPS charges a fee, or a lease.

Examples include: car cruises, weddings, group bicycle rides, group runs, other ceremonies, or public assemblies, etc.

Examples of a First-Amendment Activity include: a political event or Freedom-of-Speech act.

For more information regarding Special Use Permits or to determine if your activity requires one, please call 828-348-3441 or e-mail the park with the subject line "Attn: Special Use Permits."

Applications for permits should be submitted 90 days prior to the event, for consideration and processing

Did You Know?