Guided Canoe and Kayak Trips
Guided canoe and kayak trips are typically offered during the winter months (late November - April), but may also be offered on a more limited basis at other times of year. Check the Schedule of Events for details.
General Information Pertaining to All Trips
Reservations required, yet reservations will not be taken earlier than 7 days in advance of any trip. Call 786-335-3612.
Paddler Requirements for Short (2-3 hour) Trips
- At least one "adult" (18+) must be in each boat
- Second paddler must be at least 14 yrs old
- Maximum number of people per canoe is three (even if they are small); Kayak maximum is two.
- Participants must know how to swim.
What to Bring on the Trip
Sun protection: At least sunscreen and a sun hat of some kind
Water - recommended 1 liter per paddler for short trips and 4 per paddler for all-day trips
Closed-toe shoes that can get wet; clothes that can get wet - cotton not recommended
Food: optional snack for short trip; lunch and energy snacks for all-day trips.
Paddling gloves optional but recommended for all day trips
- Trip Cancellation and Confirmation
- All trips are subject to cancellation at the Biscayne National Park guide's discretion, e.g. due to bad weather. Visitors will be informed as soon as possible if there is a cancellation. No "rain checks."
- If you must cancel your reservation, please do so as soon as possible to allow us time to fill your vacancy.