The Dante Fascell Visitor Center is the ideal first stop in any exploration of Biscayne National Park. The Center is located at Convoy Point, 9 miles East of the city of Homestead, Florida. Opportunities include:
- A beautiful museum offers a virtual journey through the park's four ecosystems using dioramas, audio and video.
- In the auditorium, several films are available to help you learn about the park, including the 11-minute feature presentation Spectrum of Life.
- The Dante Fascell Visitor Center Gallery highlights the works of local artists who find inspiration in the park.
- Kids from 2 to 102 can get a feel for bones, feathers, sponges, corals and more at the Touch Table, one of the most popular features in the Visitor Center.
- The bookstore, operated by the Florida National Parks and Monuments Association, offers a variety of educational items. Proceeds from the sales of these items supports various educational and scientific endeavors in South Florida's four national park areas.
Of course, a park ranger or volunteer is always available to answer questions and help you plan your visit.