Job Openings at Bighorn Canyon
With the first real snow of the season on the ground, it seems a little early to be thinking about summer, but the management team at Bighorn Canyon has been planning for the summer season. There are several seasonal positions and permanent positions that will be filled in 2013. The following positions are open or soon will be announced on USA Jobs:
- Two Visitor Use Assistants to help with fee collection. One will be stationed in Fort Smith, MT and one in Lovell, WY. The position will run from mid-May to mid- September. The announcement opens January 28, 2013 and closes February 11, 2013.
- One Park Guide to help with visitor services and present prepared programs at the Afterbay Contact Station and Yellowtail Dam Visitor Center in Fort Smith, MT. The position will run from mid-May to mid- September. The announcement opens December 28, 2012 and closes January 11, 2013.
- Three Maintenance worker/laborer positions to help with cleaning campgrounds, comfort stations, facilities, docks, etc... . One will be stationed in Lovell, WY and two in Fort Smith, MT. The position will run from approximately mid-April to Mid-October. The announcements open in mid-December 17, 2012 and close by early January.
- Four Recreation Assistants (water-front lifeguards) are need for both the Horseshoe Bend swim beach in Lovell, WY and the Ok-A-Beh swim beach in Fort Smith, MT. The position will run from mid-May to Mid-September. The announcement opened November 26, 2012 and will close on December 17, 2012
- Two Protection Park Ranger positions are needed. One will be stationed in Lovell, WY and one will be stationed in Fort Smith, MT. The position will run from mid-May to Mid-September. The announcement opened December 3, 2012 and will close on December 24, 2012.
- One Biological technician to help with weed spraying. This position will be stationed in Lovell, WY and will run from mid-April to mid-October. The announcement will be posted soon. - One Archaeologist to lead our cultural resource team, conduct field survey and help with museum management. This position will be stationed in Lovell, WY and will be a permanent position. The announcement should be out in January.
- One Interpretive Ranger to help with school programs, social media, web development, and coaching of seasonal interpreters. This position will be stationed at Fort Smith, MT and is a permanent position. The announcement will be posted early in the spring.
If you have ever considered or know someone that may be considering a job in the National Park Service, please have them visit www.usajobs.gov. All applications must go through the USA Jobs website. Applications will not be accepted at Bighorn Canyon facilities.
If you have additional questions on how to apply, please call the Lovell Visitor Center in Lovell, WY at 307-548-5406 or Bighorn Canyon's HR officer, Annette White, at 406-666-3301.
Did You Know?
Robert Yellowtail served as the superintendent of the Crow Indian Reservation and was later elected tribal council chairman. Under his leadership, the culture and economy of the Crow people was revived. Although, he opposed the construction of the dam on the Bighorn River, it is named in his honor. More...