Bighorn Canyon National Recreation Area Website Linking Policy
Bighorn Canyon follows the Internet Publication Guidelines written by the National Park Service. The information below comes from those guidelines.
- Non-Profit or Other Government Site Links
- Links from NPS Internet sites to non-profit sites (e.g., cooperating associations, educational institutions, government agencies) are permitted.
- NPS Concessionaire Links
- Linking from a park page to an official concessionaire is permitted. The concession page must have a direct relationship to the concession facilities in the park (or parks, in the case of multi-concession contracts).
- Tourism-related Links
- Linking to state or local Chamber of Commerce or city, state, county Tourism Office web sites is permitted.
- Commercial Site Links
- To prevent the appearance of government endorsement, linking to commercial servers for which there is no OFFICIAL direct relationship of material is not permitted. Links to commercial or non-profit sites are allowed only under an approved fundraising relationship, or in acceptance of a donation, as described in Director's Order 21: Donations and Fundraising.
- The use of logos for commercial products or non-NPS organizations (with the exception of federal, state, and local government logos) is NOT permitted on NPS Internet sites unless an approved fundraising relationship or formal acceptance of a donation is in place, as described in NPS Director's Order #21: Donations and Fundraising. Fundraising agreements must include specific language addressing the use of corporate logos to be posted on NPS-hosted websites.