Bandelier Annual Pass Photo Contest 2014
2014 Bandelier Annual Pass Photo/ Artwork Contest
Bandelier National Monument has announced this year's contest for photographers and artists to submit images to be used on the park's Annual Pass. According to Superintendent Jason Lott, "Bandelier sells hundreds of these passes every year, and next year it could be your photo or artwork that those hundreds of park visitors will see." The winner will have their photo or artwork adorn the 2015 Bandelier Annual Pass, and receive a personal tour in the park from Superintendent Lott.
In addition, the winner will receive an America the Beautiful Annual Pass, which covers entrance fees or standard amenity fees at sites managed by the US Forest Service, National Park Service, US Fish and Wildlife Service, and Bureaus of Land Management and Reclamation, throughout the nation. Second and third place winners will receive a Bandelier Annual Pass and a copy of the park video, "This Place Knows Us."
The image must be representative of Bandelier National Monument to be considered, and due to cultural concerns, images may not include kivas, masks, or petroglyphs of humans. Entries must be received by the park by 4:30 PM on March 26, 2014. Other requirements include:
1. Photos or artwork must be submitted in high quality digital format as a .jpeg, .tiff, or bitmap file. They must be 300DPI and 3MB or less.
2. The design must be suitable to be placed on a 4" x 2" plastic card.
3. Images should be submitted to BandPassContest@gmail.com , or copied onto CD and then either dropped off at the Visitor Center, or mailed to: Pass Contest, Visitor Center, Bandelier National Monument, 15 Entrance Road, Los Alamos, NM 87544. Include name and contact information, including email address and phone number, with entry; entries will be acknowledged.
4. For questions about entries, call 505-672-3861, ext. 513.
5. The National Park Service will have use of the top three digital images, credit will be given to the artist or photographer with each use, who will retain copyright. Digital images that are not selected in the top three will be deleted from Bandelier's files and all rights for their use remain with their owners.
Winning entries will be unveiled at the Bandelier Visitor Center theater at 4:00 PM on April 25, 2014. Entrants and the public are invited to a presentation of all the images. and the awarding of the prizes.
"Contestants retain the copyright to their photographs, and all rights thereto, except as follows. By entering the Promotion, contestants agree to have their submitted photograph used and displayed, either singularly or in combination with others and in any size on the website, social media, and print materials of the park without any fee or other form of compensation due at any time for so long as desired by the National Park. Credits, descriptions or titles, if any, used with the photos are in the park's sole discretion. In the event that ownership of any photograph submitted is challenged in any manner by any person, the park may disqualify that photograph and will discontinue use of the photograph."
Did You Know?
Mule deer fawns only keep their spots for the first several months of life. These spots provide camouflage for the young animals when their mothers must leave them to feed.