A new sidewalk at the Skyline Arch Trailhead provides ADA compliance and a smoother, safer walkway that blends with its surroundings.
The entrance fees you pay when visiting Arches make a difference! We participate in the Congressionally-authorized Federal Lands Recreation Enhancement Act. Under this program, parks keep 80% of all fees collected and use that money to fund important projects that improve visitor services and protect resources for current and future generations to enjoy.
At Arches, your fees allow us to complete important projects like:
- expanding the parking lot and replacing the vault toilets at Devils Garden,
- building a retaining wall and sidewalk to reduce erosion damage at Courthouse Towers,
- ongoing trail work, like replacing the bridge decking at Delicate Arch Trail,
- new sidewalks at Skyline Arch to improve accessibility,
- increased monitoring and mitigation of park resources,
- campground upgrades, rehabilitation of park structures, and utility systems repairs.
For more information about ongoing and completed projects using your fee dollars, check out the photo album called "Your Fee Dollars At Work" on Arches' Facebook page