NPS photo by Neal Herbert
- Grade Level:
- Second Grade-Second Grade
- Biology: Animals, Biology: Plants
- National/State Standards:
- Utah State Science Core Curriculum Topic: Standard 4 – Life Science: Students will gain an understanding of Life Science through the study of
changes in organisms over time and the nature of living things.
- echolocation, seed dispersal, beak, adaptations, lizards
Students observe and compare different methods of seed dispersal. They learn about bat behavior and anatomy, and explore how a lizard's skin helps it survive. Lastly, they discover the link between the shape of a bird's beak and the food it can eat.