CAPE HATTERAS NATIONAL SEASHORE
WG-5716-10 Engineering Equipment Operator (Detail)
[Printer-friendly text version]
Cape Hatteras National Seashore is currently seeking applicants interested in a 120-day detail/temporary promotion to the position of engineering equipment operator
The position is located on Hatteras Island in the Buxton section of the park. All en-route travel and salary costs will be covered and park housing will be provided during the work assignment, although no meals and incidental expenses will be authorized while staying in the park. The anticipated start date for the detail is in February.
The person selected will work full time performing duties such as:
- Operating one or more types of heavy equipment (grader, bulldozer, loader, backhoe, etc.) to excavate, backfill, grade, or level earth to rough specifications on such projects as roads, trails, construction sites, parking lots, drainage ditches, etc. Some operations are in heavy sand and over and around sand dunes.
- Operating dump trucks and tractor trailer vehicles to transport heavy equipment, haul supplies, materials, topsoil, fertilizer, etc.
- Performing scheduled maintenance and adjustments on above equipment as well as routine repairs.
- Adjusting attachments for proper positioning and working order; making adjustments, usually without stopping the power unit or equipment.
- Serving as crew leader on assigned projects with one to six workers.
For details about the position, please contact Shelly Rollinson, email@example.com or 252-475-9605. Additional information about the park can be found on the park website at http://www.nps.gov/caha.
If interested, please submit a copy of your SF-50, a letter of interest, and a resume to the attention of Barbara Schmidt at Barbara_Schmidt@nps.gov by close of business, Monday, January 28th.