FORT PULASKI NATIONAL MONUMENT
WG-4749-5 Maintenance Worker (Lateral)
[Printer-friendly text version]
Fort Pulaski National Monument is seeking an experienced individual for a lateral reassignment as a WG-5 maintenance worker. This is a lateral transfer without further promotion potential.
The person selected will work within the facility management division and will be responsible for custodial, grounds and buildings maintenance. He/she will also serves as an operator/repairer of water systems and will be responsible for water quality testing, evaluation of water quality and record keeping.
Requirements and conditions include:
- You will be required to operate a government motor vehicle as part of your official duties. In order to be considered for this position, you must possess a valid state driver's license.
- You must be able to independently lift and move heavy items weighing up to 80 pounds and assist with objects of greater weight. You must be able to bend, stoop, walk, stand, and climb on a regular basis.
- You must be able to work outdoors, often under adverse weather conditions.
- You will be required to occasionally travel to meet work demands.
- You will be required to work weekends, evenings, overtime and holidays when necessary to meet operational needs.
- You will be required to complete a background investigation with favorable adjudication prior to entry on duty.
- You must be a current employee on the agency and qualified for this position based on reassignment or change to lower grade. You must submit a copy of an SF-50 showing current/highest grade held and tenure group (career or career conditional.)
- OF-612, Optional Application for Employment, or resume or equivalent, including all experience, training and/or education related to the position.
- Most recent performance appraisal.
The duty station is in Savannah, Georgia. Relocation expenses in accordance with regional policy will be paid.
Interested individuals should respond by January 25th. Submit the following documents to: Laura Rich Acosta, Facility Manager, Fort Pulaski National Monument , P.O. Box 30757, Savannah, GA 31410. Phone: 912-786-5787. Any NPS employees with questions about this lateral reassignment opportunity can contact Laura Rich Acosta, Facility Manager at Fort Pulaski National Monument at 912-786-5787 or at firstname.lastname@example.org..