The Joint Fire Science Program's (JFSP) funding opportunity notices are now open and posted on http://grants.gov/. JFSP has announced six primary notices and thee additional notices:
- Climate change and wildfire smoke at regional scale: Vegetation, fuels, fire regimes, and air quality impacts
- Health impairment from exposure to fire smoke: Relationships among the National Ambient Air Quality Standards (NAAQS) and industrial health guidelines
- Fuels treatment effectiveness: Economics
- Fuels treatment effectiveness: Ecosystem restoration
- Masticated fuelbeds effects on combustion and fire behavior
- Compatibility of fire, fuels and rehabilitation treatments with T&E gallinaceous birds
- Conference Support (JFSP invites proposals for co-sponsorship of regional, national, or international conferences. International conferences)
- Graduate Research Innovation (GRIN) Award. (JFSP invites current MS and PhD graduate students in the fields of wildland fire and related human dimensions and ecological sciences to apply for a Graduate Research Innovation award)
- Dataset Archival (JFSP invites proposals for funding to document and submit datasets created from completed or ongoing JFSP funded projects to an actively managed data repository)
This an excellent funding opportunity. For more information go to http://www.firescience.gov/.
If you have any questions about the application process or the task statements you can contact the JFSP program office at 208-387-5958.