Cover page of the report.
NPS/Andersonville National Historic Site
This document is the report of a House of Representatives committee which interviewed former prisoners of war and civilians imprisoned by the Confederate States of America during the Civil War. Very much a political document, the report does still contain much material of interest. Beginning on page 787 of the report are transcripts and written statements of Union POWs, telling their own experiences.
- Washington, D.C., Government Printing Office
- Published Date:
- Report or Paper
- Grade Levels:
- Sixth Grade-General
- Civil War, Law, Military and Wartime History
- National/State Standards:
- Georgia Performance Standards
High School (United States History) SSUSH9
Middle School (8th Grade GA Studies) SS8H6
Elementary School (5th Grade Social Studies – American History) SS5H1
- Historical & Environmental Education Reading