Historical & Environmental Education Reading
Narrative of privations and sufferings of United States officers and soldiers while prisoners of war in the hands of the Rebel authorities
NPS/Andersonville National Historic Site
This report, published by the non-governmental United States Sanitary Commission provides multiple accounts of the treatment of Union prisoners of war in Confederate military prisons.
- Philadelphia, King & Baird
- Published Date:
- Report or Paper
- Grade Levels:
- Sixth Grade-General
- Civil War, Medicine, Military and Wartime History
- National/State Standards:
- This document could be used in support of activities which align to the common core standards for ELA/social studies.
- Historical & Environmental Education Reading