Scout Ranger Patches
By being a Scout Ranger you will be able to:
- Learn about the mission of the National Park Service
- Help protect the nation's natural, cultural, and historic resources
- Explore your national park
1) Take part in organized educational programs or volunteer service projects for a minimum of ten (10) hours at one or more national park sites.
2) Scouts will be awarded a patch upon verbally reporting their completion of the program requirements to an NPS employee or volunteer at a visitor center or information center.
3) Scouts are encouraged to share their experience by sending an email and photographs to: firstname.lastname@example.org
4) Scouts are also encouraged to submit a short narrative to the BSA Good Turn for America website describing their participation and lessons learned.
How to Get Started
Contact us and let us know you are interested in working toward the Scout Ranger patch at Andersonville National Historic Site. We will provide further information to help you work toward the award, such as volunteering during one of our special events.