Boat Slips and Mooring Buoys
The National Park Service will be taking over the management of the marina boat slip and mooring buoy rental operation at Diablo East Marina and Rough Canyon Marina beginning February 1, 2014.
Why is the National Park Service renting boat slips?
Boat slips at Diablo East Marina and Rough Canyon Marina, and mooring buoys at Rough Canyon Marina will be available for rent year round on a first-come first served basis.
The rentals will be formalized with a Special Use Permit issued by the National Park Service to the boat owner for six-month or one-year blocks of time following the October 1 to September 30 fiscal year.
How do you rent a boat slip?
1. The first step is to contact the National Park Service Marina Manager, Raul Barrera, at 830-774-4157 to determine if there are any boat slips available for rent.
2. If a boat slip is available, you will be given an application for a "Special Use Permit".
3. Once you have completed your "Special Use Permit" application, submit it to Marina Manager Barrera for review. You can mail it to him by sending it to:
4. You will be notified if your application has been approved and a boat slip is available for you to rent.
5. You will then need to sign your Special Use Permit, and show proof of insurance for your boat. Your boat will need to display valid state registration numbers, a valid state registration decal, and a current National Park Service Annual Lake Use Permit.
6. You will be able to make your boat slip rental payments through the www.pay.gov website. Payments can also be made at the National Park Service Visitor Information Center.
7. The same steps apply if you are renting a mooring buoy instead of a boat slip.
Diablo East marina: $5/foot slip length
Rough Canyon Marina: $5/foot slip length
Rough Canyon Marina: $75/month
Marina Site Bulletin
Fore more information about the Marina; please download and view the Marina Site Bulletin.
Diablo East Marina
Diablo East Marina has 42 boat slips. Diablo East is located along Highway 90 West.
Rough Canyon Marina
Rough Canyon Marin has 20 boat slips and 15 mooring buoys. Rough Canyon Marina is located on R2 which is off Highway 277 North.
Did You Know?
At the time of its 1892 construction, the Pecos River Viaduct was the tallest railroad bridge in the United States - standing at just over 322 feet in height. More...