> Students >
- a large area that has a certain kind of climate and certain types
of plants and animals
size - the number of nestlings produced by a nesting pair
- a meat eater
size - the number of eggs laid by a nesting pair of birds
- an environment of living and nonliving things that are linked
together by energy and nutrient flow
- the capacity for doing work
- the animal life of an area
chicks that are ready to fly.
- the plant life of an area
chain - the transfer of energy from the sun to a plant, from
that plant to a plant eater, from the plant eater to a meat eater
and so on.
- the energy flow in an ecosystem; a pattern of connected food chains
- the arrangement of food, water, shelter, and space which an animal
needs to survive
- a plant eater
- a pair of birds that are incubating eggs in their nest
territory - an area containing one or more nests that belonged
to one pair of birds in a year. Eagle pairs may have several nests
in their territory and use different nests in different years.
chicks that are not yet old enough to fly.
- a nesting territory that has a nesting pair of birds in one of
- an animal which eats both plants and animals
- an animal that kills and eats other animals
- animals that are killed and eaten by other animals
- the number of fledglings produced per territorial pair of birds.
any of several ways to measure reproduction, including
fledglings per territorial pair.
- the region south of the arctic circle
pair - a pair of birds that are occupying a nesting
territory, but have not laid eggs that year.
- a biome of coniferous trees such as spruce that occurs in northern
- a biome of low-growing plants found at high latitudes and altitudes