Nature & Science
The Latest on Nature and Science in Alaska's National Parks
- Wildfire Information in Alaska Parks
- New approach to Sheep Monitoring saves money, gives better results, may benefit hunters
- Landscape Patterns in Denali and Possible Effects of Climate Change
- Science in Southwest Alaska: Alaska Park Science Vol. 11 Issue 2 (March 2013)
- 2012 Summaries of Nature and Science Work by NPS Natural Resource Employees
Alaska is home to over 54 million acres of national parks and some of the most spectacular and remote natural places in the country. Exploring, understanding, and protecting these natural treasures is an important part of the National Park Service's mission to preserve unimpaired the natural and cultural resources and values of the national park system for the enjoyment, education, and inspiration of this and future generations. Navigate through the Nature and Science pages to learn more about natural resources in Alaska parks as well as the programs and efforts to protect them.