Commercial Use Authorizations
A Commercial Use Authorization (CUA) authorizes suitable commercial services to park area visitors in limited circumstances. The term of a CUA may not exceed 2 years and no preferential right of renewal or similar provisions for renewal may be provided.
Through the use of approximately 300 commercial use authorizations, the National Park Service, Alaska Region provides commercial visitor services that are appropriate for public use and enjoyment.
Laws, Regulations & Policies
- Public Law 105-391, Sec. 418. Commercial Use Authorizations .
- NPS Management Policies
- Firearms Information--State Laws & Regulations
- Firearms Information--Federal Laws & Regulations
- Compendiums for Alaska Park Units
- Revocation Policy (CUA)
- Commercial Use Authorization (CUA) Interim Guidelines
- Insurance Requirements (new minimums)
Application Forms and Instructions for Commercial Use Authorization
To apply for a Commercial Use Authorization (CUA), carefully read the instructions, park-specific stipulations, and complete the application. CUAs may be issued for up to (2) two years*.
. Not sure which Commercial Visitor Services are allowed: Click HERE for a list
- CUA Instructions - Please read the Instructions before completing application.
- Application for Commercial Use Authorization (Printable Version)
- Application for Commercial Use Authorization (Fillable Version)
*Reminder: CUAs for Mountaineering Guide service at Denali will be limited to a term of One-Year
- Application for Dog Sled Freight Hauling Service in Denali; Applications Due by Sep 18
- Amend a CUA: Request form to amend a Commercial Use Authorization
- Information Tables to assist with completion of the Application Form
- Fee Schedule & Instructions to pay online or other Payment Methods
- Entrance Fee- Denali National Park & Preserve, PRE-PAY ONLINE
Park-Specific Operating Stipulations
The NPS has developed standard conditions and park-specific stipulations by which CUA Holders must adhere to while operating under the CUA. It is very important that applicants read and understand these stipulations/conditions and park compendiums prior to applying for the CUA.
Activity-Specific Operating Stipulations (For Denali & Glacier Bay)
Denali National Park & Preserve
(Based on activites shown below)
Glacier Bay National Park & Preserve
(Based on activites shown below)
|Denali Stips (Common to all DENA CUAs)||Glacier Bay Stips (Common to All GLBA CUAs)|
|Air Taxi Service||Air Taxi Service|
|Camping (Groups at Savage)-||Alsek River Rafting|
|Day Hiking (Backcountry)||Backcountry Use|
|Day Hiking (Frontcountry)||Charter Vessel|
|(NEW): Dog Sled Freight Hauling Service||Ferry Service (Passengers)|
|Overnight Hiking||Kayak Touring|
|Road-Based Winter Vehicle Tours (New as of 2014)||Vehicle Tours|
MAPS (click on link to view/print maps)
Reporting Requirements:As a condition of the CUA, each holder is required to submit an activity summary report and annual report of gross receipt by November 15th of each year. If you did not use your CUA, you need to report that on the forms. These reports should be submitted regardless of whether the holder used the authorization. Reports are to be received by November 15th of each year unless specified otherwise in the park-specific stipulations below.
(1) Annual Report - CUA (previously called "Gross Receipt Report)
Annual Report NPS Form 10-660 (previously "Gross Receipt Report")-(Electronic Version - Complete Online)
Annual Report NPS Form 10-660 (previously "Gross Receipt Report")- (Print & Fill Version)
(2) Activity Summary (Trip) Report Forms - See Table below for forms
(3) Licensed Big Game Transporters Reporting Requirements
Licensed Big Game Transport Reporting Requirements:
All Licensed Big Game Transporters (activity/service code “HT”) must submit a copy of their State of Alaska's Big Game Transporter Activity Report (Form #08-4349) to National Park Service, Concessions Division, 240 West 5th Avenue #114, Anchorage, AK 99501 by February 1st of each year for the preceding calendar year. The Report can also be faxed to 907-644-3813 or 644-3814 but must be received by February 1st. Failure to submit a copy
of the form to the NPS may result in suspension of the authorization.
Doing Business With the Parks (CUA Related Info)
In addition to the Park-Specific Stipulations each park unit provides a website with additional park-specific CUA information, including park compendiums.