How to Apply
IT'S YOUR FAVORITE TIME OF THE YEAR AGAIN
That's right: Proposal time!
The Shared Beringian Heritage Program announces the 2014 Request for Proposals
Due August 15, 2014
The Shared Beringian Heritage Program funds cooperative efforts that link people, organizations, institutions, and local governments across the Bering Strait. Projects funded under this program may be either scientific research projects or local, community-based educational, cultural or conservation projects that fulfill some or all of the goals of the Beringia program.
For more information, please see the
To be eligible to apply:
- A duration of 1 to 3 years and funding not to exceed $50,000 per year
- Cooperator must be a non-profit organization, which Includes non-governmental organizations, academic institutions, tribal governments, and representative indigenous groups from the region
- Project has to meet one or more of the goals of the Beringia Program
- Proposal includes a "meaningful" Russian component
- Submitted applications must be received electronically by midnight on the 15th of August and if mailed in, must be postmarked by the 12th of August.
If you need paper copies of the application, please provide an address and we will be happy to mail as many copies as you need.
If you are having issues with any part of the application, or have questions about any step in the proposal process, please call the Project Manager Elizabeth Shea at 907-644-3606.